Iced Oatmeal Cookies
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together butter and both sugars in an electric mixer til smooth.
- Add in eggs and vanilla extract, mix until combined.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, old fashioned oats, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet mixture and mix until well combined.
- Take about 1 tablespoon of dough per cookie, roll dough into ball and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- For icing, whisk together powdered sugar and milk.
- Icing should be thick but not a paste.
- Dip tops of cooled cookies into icing and place on a wire rack to let icing slightly harden.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.