Instant Pot Hawaiian Ribs
- 1-4 pound rack of baby back pork ribs, membrane removed
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 12 ounces pineapple juice
- Optional sliced green onions to garnish
- Place rack of ribs onto a rimmed baking sheet. To easily remove membrane use a paper towel to grab and pull membrane away from ribs. Discard membrane.
- In a small bowl add sugar, cumin, cloves, sherry, and soy sauce. Whisk to combine.
- Place ribs into a gallon zip top bag. Pour marinade over ribs. Add garlic. Seal bag. Gently massage marinade over ribs. Transfer to refrigerator for a minimum of one hour.
- Remove ribs from bag. Reserve marinade liquid (seal bag and return to refrigerator until needed.). Place ribs into bowl of and Instant Pot (with bones facing inward). Pour pineapple juice into middle of pot.
- Secure lid and set for SEALING. Press MANUAL for 30 minutes. Allow pot to naturally release pressure.
- When pressure has released, Press OFF. Carefully remove lid and transfer ribs to serving plate. Discard remaining cooking liquid.
- While pressure is naturally releasing, place reserved marinade into a saucepan over medium heat. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring as necessary. Use to brush over rack of ribs.