Irish Cream Chocolate Poke Cake
- Irish Cream Chocolate Cake
- 1/2 cup Irish cream
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 3/4 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 can (14 oz) chocolate condensed milk
- Irish Cream Frosting
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 oz unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup Irish cream
- 2 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips (optional)
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line a 13X9” baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl add Irish Cream, buttermilk, eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla extract. With the paddle attachment on, beat on low speed until combined. Slowly, add in sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder. Beat until just combined.
- Pourcake batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30-33 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let cool completely.
- With the handle of a wooden spoon, make holes in cake. Pour chocolate condensed milk all over cooled cake.
- Let cake soak up milk for a couple of hours, or better overnight before adding the frosting.
- To prepare frosting: In a mixing bowl add cream cheese and butter. With a paddle attachment on, beat on low speed until light and creamy.
- Beat in 1/4 cup Irish cream. Gently add in powdered sugar, about 1/2 cup at a time, beating after each addition. If desired, add more Irish cream to taste.
- Spread frosting over cake and sprinkle mini chocolate chips (if desired). Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. The longer cake sits, the better the flavors combine.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Roxana Yawgel at a TrEATS Affair.