Irish Whiskey Truffles
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1 – 3 1/2 ounce bar premium milk chocolate
- 3 – 3 1/2 ounce bars premium dark chocolate, cocoa content between 55 and 65% cocoa mass
- 3 tablespoons Irish whiskey
- Chop milk chocolate bar and one dark chocolate bar into small pieces and place in a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients. Set aside.
- In a saucepan bring whipping cream and sugar to a boil. Remove from heat and whisk in instant coffee. When dissolved pour onto chopped chocolate. Stir using a whisk until chocolate is melted.
- Add whiskey and cover the ganache with plastic food wrap and allow to firm up for 3-4 hours or overnight or until firm enough to be scooped and hold its shape.
- Using a melon baller, scoop ganache into round balls. Remaining ganache can be pressed and rolled by hand into balls. Set aside.
- Line 2 cookie sheets or cutting boards with plastic food film. Set aside.
- Chop remaining chocolate bars into small pieces and place 2/3 in a microwave-proof bowl. Set 1/3 of remaining chocolate aside.
- Select a saucepan which will nicely hold the above bowl. Fill saucepan with 1-inch of water and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling turn to very low simmer and place chocolate bowl on top. Stir constantly until chocolate is nearly melted and has reached 115°F.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to 112°F. Add remaining non-melted chocolate and stir until most of chocolate has melted.
- Place some chocolate on the palm of your hand and roll a round ganache ball into it. Place on plastic lined cookie sheet. Repeat until all is done. If chocolate becomes too firmed and or cold place it in the microwave oven for 4-5 seconds. Roll truffles once more into chocolate.
- Keep truffles refrigerated.