Italian Steak Rolls - Braciole
- 1/2 cup dried Italian-style bread crumbs
- 1 garlic clove, minced or if you like add more
- 2/3 cup grated Pecorino, Romano or Parmesano (you choose your favorite)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 package bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 pounds round steak, flank or breakfast steak*
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- *I prefer breakfast steak cause you don’t have to pound it.
- Stir first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl to mix, add (a little at a time) water so that ingredients are like a dry paste. (What I do is triple the recipe so that I can freeze some, if you do freeze them, freeze them raw, then when you need them, that’s when you’d fry them.)
- Stir in 2 tablespoons of oil. Season mixture with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Lay flank steak flat on work surface. Sprinkle bread crumb mixture in center of steak. Starting at 1 short end, roll up steak to enclose the filling completely. Secure with toothpicks.
- Sprinkle braciole with salt and pepper. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add braciole and cook until browned on all sides, about 8 minutes.