- 7-9 fresh jalapenos
- 4 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups white wine vinegar
- 1 package (3 oz) liquid pectin
- It is best to wear kitchen gloves when cutting jalapenos. Remove stem from jalapenos. Cut lengthwise in half. Remove about 2/3 of seeds. (If all seeds are removed, jelly will be semi-mild spicy.)
- Cut about 2/3 of jalapenos lengthwise in 4 strips. Cut crosswise to obtain small cubes. Cut remaining jalapeno halves in thin strips. Place in a large saucepan as mixture will rise/foam in pan.
- Add sugar and vinegar. Bring to a boil and boil on high heat for 10 minutes or until a thermometer reaches 230°F. Add pectin and boil for another minute.
- Remove from heat and pour in sterilized jars.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments