JoJo’s Fruitcake Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup candied cherries, chopped
- 1/2 cup candied pineapple, chopped
- 1/4 cup dates, chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 of a 9 ounce box of condensed mincemeat, chopped into small pieces
- 2 cups walnuts, chopped
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until combined.
- Add cherries, pineapple, dates, and raisins. Mix until combined.
- Scrape bowl and add mincemeat and walnuts. Mix again until everything in incorporated.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets and bake until golden brown, about 10 to 12 minutes.
This recipe comes from Sweetalk member Addison Harrell who won Second Place in the Favorite Cookie category at the 2019 Louisiana State Fair.
Mincemeat is sold in a 9-oz box. It is a condensed version of mincemeat, but for this recipe, you will just break up half the box into small pieces just as it comes out of the box.