Key Lime Cookie Cups
- Key Lime Cookie Cups
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup salted butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup, packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon key lime zest
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons key lime juice
- Key Lime Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 stick salted butter, softened
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons key lime juice
- 2 teaspoons key lime zest
- 3 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 2 muffin pans with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium-large bowl, stir flour and baking soda together. Set aside.
- Beat butter, sugars, and key lime zest with an electric mixer on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 1 minute. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, and then key lime juice. Reduce speed; gradually add flour mixture, and mix until just combined.
- Roll dough into golf ball-sized balls. Press into each muffin tin, making a slight indentation in the center. Place pans in oven and bake for roughly 15 minutes, until golden. Remove pans from oven and press a spoon into center of each cookie cup to help centers sink. Let cool in pans for 8 minutes, then use a butter knife or spatula to loosen each cookie cup from the pan. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Prepare frosting: Using a whisk attachment, beat butter and cream cheese on medium speed until smooth. Add key lime juice and zest, beating until smooth. With mixer on low, slowly add powdered sugar until just barely combined. Increase mixer speed to high and beat for 1 minute.
- Pipe frosting into centers of cooled key lime cookie cups. Garnish with sliced key limes, if desired.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Kristan Roland @bakescupcakes.