Key Lime Pie Icebox Cake
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest of 2 limes
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar together until smooth and creamy. Beat in key lime juice until smooth. Pour into a separate bowl and set aside.
- Whip heavy cream, using the whisk attachment of a mixer, until it becomes soft peaks. Add powdered sugar and vanilla. Whip until stiff peaks.
- Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture.
- Place a single layer of graham crackers into the bottom of a 13x9-inch baking dish. Spread 1/2 of whipped cream mixture over crackers. Repeat with another layer of crackers and remaining cream. Top with 1 more layer of crackers.
- Prepare topping by whipping heavy cream, using the whisk attachment of a mixer, until it becomes soft peaks. Add powdered sugar and vanilla. Whip until stiff peaks.
- Spread topping over top layer of crackers. Sprinkle lime zest over cream.
- Place in refrigerator for 4-5 hours before serving.
- Garnish with lime wedges to serve.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.