Key Lime Pound Cake
Key Lime Pound Cake
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup key lime juice (from 8 key limes)
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons key lime zest (from 8 key limes)
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 tablespoon key lime juice (from 1 key lime)
- Key lime zest
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray a 9 X 5-inch loaf pan with nonstick baking spray and sprinkle with granulated sugar. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar for 4 minutes until it is light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each one.
- Stir together flour, salt, baking soda, and cornstarch. Slowly add dry ingredients to butter mixture.
- Add key lime juice, heavy cream, and key lime zest. Mix just until incorporated.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes, then tent with foil and bake an additional 10-15 minutes. Insert a skewer into center and check for moist crumbs.
- Remove and cool in pan 10-15 minutes, then flip onto a plate. Turn over and let cool completely.
- For key lime glaze, stir powdered sugar and key lime juice together until smooth. Spoon over the top of pound cake. Sprinkle with key lime zest and let set before slicing.
Imperial Sugar Insight
- If you cannot find fresh key limes, use bottled key lime juice and lime zest.
- For more key lime flavor, stir key lime zest into granulated sugar before creaming with the butter instead of adding to batter.
- Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jocelyn Brubaker @InsideBruCrewLife.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments