Key Lime White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 14 tablespoons (1 stick plus 6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 heaping cup white chocolate chips
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla extract.
- Add flour mixture, mixing until completely combined. Stir in lime zest and white chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Roll two heaping tablespoons of dough into a ball. Tear ball in half and place torn side down on cookie sheet. Take second half and place it on top of first half, leaving about two inches for spreading.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until edges are very slightly browned. Cookies will not look cooked in center, but they will finish cooking while cooling on cookie sheet!
- Remove from oven and let cookies rest on baking sheet for 5 minutes.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.