- 1/2 package (4 oz) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 stick + 3 tablespoons butter, soft
- 1 tablespoon Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, no white bitter pith
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup jam or fruit spread of choice
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Blend cream cheese and soft butter on low speed.
- Add sugar, salt and lemon zest.
- Sift and add flour and mix until just combined.
- Place a large sheet of plastic food film on the countertop. Place dough onto it and press into a square or rectangle.
- Place a sheet of plastic on top and gently roll to 1/8-inch thick and 7 1/2-inches wide. Place cookie dough on a cookie sheet and place in the freezer until firm enough to cut, about 15 minutes.
- Remove plastic and cut into 2 1/2-inch squares.
- Drop a generous teaspoon of jam in center of each. Bring to corners together and pinch dough to firmly connect.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake for approximately 11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool on rack and sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.