- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 6 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 6 large egg whites (without yolk traces)
- 4 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Sift flour and set aside.
- Line 3 cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Fit a pastry bag with a plain round tip about 1/2 inch diameter and set aside.
- In a stand mixer or using a hand held mixer whip egg yolks, vanilla and salt for 8 minutes or until thick as shaving cream. Set aside.
- In a clean bowl whip sugar and egg whites to a stiff and stable meringue. Stop whipping and immediately fold in whipped egg yolks. Fold the mixture gently until nearly all the egg yolk has been thoroughly mixed in.
- Delicately fold in flour. Scoop mixture into pastry bag and pipe into 3 inch long fingers.
- Using a sift, sprinkle cookies with powdered sugar. Sprinkle a second time with sugar and place in oven. Bake until light golden about 10-12 minutes.
- To store, place in a sealed plastic bag between layers of parchment paper. Can be frozen for up to 2 weeks.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Ladyfingers can be eaten as is, but they really shine in recipes where they are soaked in a syrup or other liquid.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments