- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted but still thick
- 3 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 packages cream cheese (8 oz each) soft at room temperature
- 1 1/2 tablespoons culinary lavender**
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups (24 oz) sour cream
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, soft
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Whipped cream (optional)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Few tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon lavender for culinary use
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Brush melted butter onto bottom and sides of springform pan. Sprinkle generously with granulated sugar.
- Place springform pan on 3 layers of aluminum foil and wrap outside of pan tightly with foil. Ensure that no water could penetrate through foil. Place in a roasting pan and set aside.
- Using a French knife, chop lavender very fine.
- Blend cream cheese, lavender, and sugar on lowest speed, alternatively mix by using a handheld spatula until no lumps remain. Scrape bowl well.
- Add one egg at a time waiting for previously added egg to be fully incorporated and mixture shows no lumps before adding next. Scrape bowl and beater between additions. Add sour cream.
- Pour 1 inch of water into roasting pan and place in oven.
- Bake until center of cheesecake no longer trembles when tapping sides of pan, about 90 minutes but it could take up to 2 hours depending on temperature of cheesecake batter.
- Meanwhile prepare crust. Mix butter and powdered sugar using a paddle attachment until well blended. Add egg and mix until well combined. Add salt and vanilla.
- Sift together flour and baking powder and add in one step. Mix on low speed mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- On a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, press dough evenly flat into a circle using same dimensions as springform pan used.
- Once cake is removed from oven increase oven temperature to 350°F and bake crust until deep golden, about 14 minutes.
- Once crust has cooled wrap in plastic food wrap.
- Allow cheesecake to cool at room temperature for 30 minutes and place in refrigerator for 5 hours or preferably overnight.
- Run a sharp knife around edge of cheesecake to ensure proper removal from pan. Remove sides. Place a sheet of plastic food wrap on surface of cake followed by a cutting board or platter.
- Flip cake upside down. Remove bottom of cake pan. If it is slightly sticking run a knife underneath to release it.
- Place baked crust onto cheesecake followed by a serving platter and flip cake once more upside down. Original baked surface will once again be facing upward with crust on bottom.
- Excess crust can be trimmed using a serrated knife in a gentle sawing motion.
- For décor, whip cream, sugar, and vanilla to stiff peaks. Fit cream in a piping bag fitted with a medium round pastry tip.
- Pipe circles on surface of cake. Fill centers with as much honey as it will hold.
- Sprinkle cake with lavender.
Imperial Sugar Insight
**Culinary lavender can be found in the spice section of large grocery retailers, natural markets, gourmet stores, spice shops, and online.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments