Layered Chocolate Icebox Dessert
- 1 pint (2 cups) heavy whipping cream
- Zest of one orange (no white bitter pith)
- 3 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 box chocolate wafers (such as Nabisco Famous Wafers)
- In a cold bowl combine whipping cream, orange zest, sugar and vanilla extract and whip on medium speed until thick. Do not whip too much as it will make the cream turn into butter.
- On a serving platter place a wafer in center. Arrange chocolate wafers around center wafer to form a circle. Drop about a tablespoon of whipped cream onto each wafer. Top with another wafer and drop a tablespoon of cream onto each wafer.
- Cover cream with another wafer building into a circular fashion slowly using less wafers to form a pyramid shape. Continue until all wafers are used.
- Keep refrigerated until serving.
- To serve, slice as you would a cake. Do not try to serve indivdual wafers as they will be soft.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Is company coming and you need a dessert fast? No problem, simply make a chocolate icebox dessert. Easy, classic and delicious!