Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Zest of 2 lemons
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a standard bundt cake or pound cake pan. Set aside.
- Toss blueberries with 2 tablespoons flour to coat. Set aside.
- In bowl of a stand mixer, blend butter, cream cheese, and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon peel, lemon juice, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk remaining flour with baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In 3 steps, slowly add flour mixture and yogurt to creamed mixture, alternating between flour and yogurt. Beat on low speed after each addition until just combined. Carefully fold in flour coated blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for one hour or until set and golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan 15 minutes before inverting onto a cake plate.
- For glaze, in a small bowl, whisk confectioners' sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Pour onto cake a little at a time, allowing glaze to set before adding more. Keep refrigerated until serving.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.