Lemon Butterball Cookies
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Cream butter and 1/2 cup powdered sugar together with electric mixer.
- Mix in vanilla extract, lemon extract, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Slowly add in flour and salt and mix until combined.
- Chill dough in the refrigerator for approximately 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place on prepared baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and then roll cookies in remaining powdered sugar. Allow cookies to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Roll them in powdered sugar a second time before serving.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Heather Seeley @FoodLovinFamily.