Lemon Chess Pie
- 1 (9- inch) store-bought or Pure Butter Pie Crust
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar for dusting
- Crust: Unroll pie dough into a 9- inch pie plate. Trim excess dough, flute edges, and prick bottom of dough with a fork. Place pie dough in a refrigerator for 20 minutes, while you make your filling.
- Filling: Whisk eggs in a large bowl. Gradually add granulated sugar and zest, whisking until combined and until thickened.
- Add lemon juice, melted butter, cornmeal, flour, and salt and whisk until incorporated.
- Bake: Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove pie dough from refrigerator. Pour filling into chilled pie crust. Bake for 45 - 50 minutes on lowest rack in oven until center is set and top is golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour then refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Dust with powdered sugar just before serving, if desired.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.