Lemon Citrus Curd Tarts
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 large lemons
- 1 large lime
- 1 large orange
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) mini frozen phyllo pastry shells, thawed
- Fresh blueberries
- Whipped cream
- Fresh mint sprigs
- Zest lemons to measure 1 tablespoon lemon peel. Juice lemons, lime and orange; pour into measuring cup to measure 1 cup. Mix sugar, lemon peel and juices in a medium heavy saucepan.
- Stir in butter and egg yolks. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for about 8 minutes until mixture thickens and coats back of a spoon and reaches a temperature of 180°F (do not boil).
- Pour into clean bowl or 1 cup glass containers. Cover and store in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- When ready to assemble, bake phyllo tarts according to package instructions and allow to cool.
- Fill phyllo tarts with chilled lemon citrus curd. Garnish with blueberries and whipped cream and a sprig of mint, if desired.
- Serve remaining curd with scones, muffins, or toast.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments
Oct 23, 2013