Lemon Coconut Cottontail Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 egg
- Zest of one lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon pure lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
Coconut Lemon Glaze
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 6-7 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Shredded sweetened coconut
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, and salt. Set aside.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter and granulated sugar until combined. Mix in egg, zests, and extracts, beating until incorporated (mixture may look lumpy; that’s ok).
- On low speed, add flour mixture in two additions, mixing until combined. Stir in coconut.
- Use a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop to portion dough onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 13 minutes or until they appear done (cookies will not spread or change much in color). Cool on cookie sheets for 2 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once cookies are cool, make glaze. Stir powdered sugar and lemon juice together until glaze is thin enough to coat side of cookies.
- Place cookies on a wire cooling rack over a rimmed cookie sheet. Spoon a little glaze over each cookie, making sure to coat sides as well. While glaze is still wet, cover with shredded coconut.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Bridget Edwards @Bake at 350.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments