Lemon, Cranberry & White Chocolate Bars
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 9 tablespoons Cranberry Sauce
- 8 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces good-quality white chocolate, finely chopped
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Mix flour, powdered sugar, and butter until combined. Press into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- WHILE crust is baking, into a bowl mix eggs, and sugar. Mix until combined. Add lemon juice, zest, and butter. Mix until combined.
- Pour mixture on top of HOT crust. Return to oven and bake for 25 minutes. Allow to come to room temperature. Transfer to refrigerator to chill.
- Just before serving, prepare white chocolate sauce. Place cream in a medium heavy saucepan. Bring cream to just below simmering over medium heat. Place white chocolate in a bowl and pour hot cream mixture over it. Let stand for 5 minutes to allow chocolate to melt slightly, then stir cream mixture until chocolate has melted completely and sauce is smooth.
- Cut lemon bars into 9 equal squares. Top with cranberry sauce and drizzle with melted white chocolate sauce.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Paula Jones @bellalimento.