Lemon Cream Truffles
- 8 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon flavor extract
- 2 drops yellow food coloring
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl combine white chocolate, lemon extract, yellow food coloring, butter, and heavy cream. Microwave in 30- second intervals, stirring after each, until mixture is smooth.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for 2 - 3 hours, until completely chilled and firm.
- Assemble: Line a large plate with parchment or wax paper. Set aside.
- Scoop mixture out by heaping tablespoons, roll into smooth balls, then roll into powdered sugar. Place truffles on prepared plate, cover and chill for at least 1 hour, until firm.
- Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Freeze airtight for up to 30 days.
Imperial Sugar Insight
You could easily make these into Orange Creams, using orange extract and orange food coloring, or even Strawberry Creams with strawberry extract and red food coloring.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.
Made these today. They are so yummy!!!...
Thinking of making these for my mother in law and my mom for Mother's Day!