Lemon Curd Thumbprint Cookies
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and lemon zest, mixing until combined. Add flour mixture 1/2 cup at a time, mixing until completely combined.
- Roll one tablespoon of dough into small circles and then press with hands (or with the bottom of a cup) into a disk shape. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until centers are set. The cookies will not look browned or cooked, but they are.
- Remove from oven and use your thumb or the end of a wooden spoon to press in centers of cookies. Let cookies rest on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Spoon lemon curd into centers of each cookie. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.