Lemon Earthquake Cake
- 1 1/4 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 12 lemon sandwich cookies, chopped
- 1 box (15.25 oz) lemon cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- 2 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sprinkle coconut, pecans, and chopped cookies over bottom of a 9 X 13-inch baking dish.
- Beat cake mix, water, oil, and eggs in a large bowl for 2 minutes on medium speed until combined. Pour over coconut and pecans.
- Beat cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt until combined. Drop spoonfuls of cream cheese mixture over cake batter. Gently swirl into batter with a knife. Sprinkle with white chocolate chips.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes until done.
Be sure to use full-fat cream cheese, not the spreadable variety that comes in a tub.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Amy Nash from @houseofnasheats.