Lemon Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 3/4 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar for 3-4 minutes, until light.
- Add eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice, lemon extract, and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Mix in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop 2 tablespoons of dough at a time onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing the cookies a few inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until set around the edges and just done in the middle.
- Move to a wire rack to cool.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Amy Nash from @houseofnasheats.