Cream Cheese Cookie Crust
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups (6.75 ounces) all-purpose flour*
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
Lemon Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- For the crust: In the bowl of a food processor, combine all of the crust ingredients. Pulse until the mixture forms a ball.
- Lightly spray a 24-cup mini-muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Shape the dough into 2-teaspoon sized balls. Press each ball down into the centers and up the sides of each cavity. A tamper or shot glass makes easy work of this, but your hands will also do the job just fine. Cover and chill for 1 hour, or until the dough is firm.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Bake the crusts until lightly browned all over and golden at the edges, about 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- For the filling: In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat all of the filling ingredients until completely smooth. Use a scoop to divide the batter among the cooled crusts.
- Bake at 350°F until the filling is set, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer muffin pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Lemon Tassies may be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Tessa Arias @HandletheHeat.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments