- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 10 ounces lady fingers (about 40 cookies)
- 1 1/2 cups lemonade or limoncello
- Beat together cream cheese, mascarpone cheese, and sugar until it is super creamy. Add in lemon juice, lemon extract, vanilla extract, and lemon zest until well blended.
- In a stand mixer beat heavy cream until you get to stiff peaks.
- Add whipped cream to cream cheese mixture and gently fold together until everything is combined.
- Pour lemonade or limoncello into a shallow bowl. Dip lady fingers, turning them over so they are coated on all sides. Do not let them sit in liquid for more than a few seconds or they will start to fall apart.
- Layer lady fingers into bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Top with half of cream mixture and spread it into an even layer.
- Repeat with a second layer of lady fingers and rest of cream mixture.
- Cover and place in fridge for at least 4 hours up or overnight.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.