- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 stick unsalted butter, very cold
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Zest of 2 limes, no white bitter pith
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 large eggs
- Pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- Zest of 1 lime
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Set aside an 8 X 8-inch baking pan. For easy removal, line pan with parchment paper, which overhangs on sides. Set aside.
- Place flour in mixing bowl. Grate cold butter on small eyes of box grater directly into flour. Add powdered sugar, salt, and vanilla.
- Toss with your hands until mixture looks like coarse meal. Reserve 2 tablespoons of dough and press remaining amount firmly onto bottom of pan.
- Place in oven and bake until golden, about 17-20 minutes. Remove from oven.
- If gaps between dough and sides developed, press a tiny amount of dough in gaps to prevent lime mixture from seeping underneath crust.
- Whisk lime zest, lime juice and sugar in a bowl. Add eggs and salt and whisk until completely smooth,
- Pour into pan and return to oven. Reduce heat to 340°F and bake until center of curd has set, about another 20 minutes.
- Let completely cool in refrigerator before cutting.
- Cut with a sharp knife and sprinkle with powdered sugar and lime zest.