Lime Cooler Cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons lime zest
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar (for coating)
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt until well blended. Set aside.
- In an electric mixer cream butter and powdered sugar together until smooth. Mix in egg yolk, lime juice and lime zest until everything is combined. With the mixer on low slowly mix in the flour until just combined.
- Roll dough into about 1 inch balls. Place on a lined baking sheet about 1 inch apart as they don't spread very much at all. Bake for 13-15 minutes until cookies are set.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Toss cookies in powdered sugar while the cookies are still warm. Let cool completely, and then toss in powdered sugar again. Store in an airtight container.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments