- Crumble one cookie in each glass/bowl and set aside.
- Whip heavy cream in a cold bowl to a very soft peak which is still pourable. (Do not whip to stiff peaks.) Set aside.
- In a non-reactive saucepan bring lime juice to a full boil. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile combine gelatin with water. After 2-3 minutes add to above and whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- Select a saucepan and bowl which fit well together and where the bowl does not hang over the saucepan. Fill saucepan with one inch of water and bring to boil, turn to a low simmer. In this bowl whisk together egg whites and sugar. Place bowl over simmering water and whisk constantly until mixture reaches 165°F. Remove from heat. (At this temperature egg whites are food safe.)
- Using a hand whisk or machine whisk until a thick meringue is obtained and is still lukewarm. Pour lime-gelatin mixture into meringue and fold delicately.
- When completely combined fold in whipping cream. Do not over fold as this makes the mixture curdle.
- Spoon over crumbled cookies and place in a refrigerator.
- To make chocolate curls place chocolate in a microwave for just a second or two. Chocolate needs to be still firm, but it cannot be too cold.
- Using a vegetable peeler scrape chocolate bar on the side to obtain curls. If the curls break to easily place the bar back in the microwave for a second or two more.
- Sprinkle mousse with lime zest and decorate with chocolate curls.
Imperial Sugar Insight
QUICK TIP: To shorten preparation time, any type of store-bought crumbly cookie can be used in the place of our Zesty Lemon Cookies.