- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup Limoncello
- Zest from 1 lemon
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Using a stand mixer, add butter and mix until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar and continue mixing until light and fluffy.
- Mix in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla and GRADUALLY sift in flour and salt. Mix until a stiff dough forms.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and transfer to refrigerator to chill for 2-3 hours (or until firm).
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat. Set aside.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to desired thickness.
- Cut out with cookie cutters. Place cookies onto baking sheets and bake for 6-10 minutes depending n the thickness of the cookie. Keep an eye on them, you don’t want them to burn.
- Transfer to a wire cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- Mix powdered sugar with limoncello to make glaze. If it's too thick, add additional limoncello to thin. Too thin add more powdered sugar until desired consistency.
- Spoon glaze onto cookies. Top with fresh lemon zest.
- Store in an airtight container for 3-5 days.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Paula Jones @bellalimento.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments