Loads of Blueberry Muffins
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or milk
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lemon, no white bitter pith
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries (If using frozen blueberries, keep in freezer until ready to add to remaining ingredients)
- 1 tablespoon Gold ’N Natural Turbinado Sugar
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a cupcake or muffin tin with 12 paper cups and set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and sugar and set aside.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients whisk together eggs, oil and vanilla extract. Add milk and lemon zest.
- Stir in dry ingredients and before being completely incorporated add blueberries. Mix only until combined. Over mixing will make muffins rubbery.
- Fill muffin cups and sprinkle a pinch of turbinado sugar over each muffin. Place in oven and bake until center of muffins bounce back when lightly pressed with a finger, about 23 minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool.
Note: For great time management prepare the muffin batter a day ahead. The next morning remove from refrigerator and immediately place in preheated oven. Sunday breakfast just got more delicious and easy!