Low Sugar Loaded Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/4 cup mild olive oil or grape seed oil
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup well packed Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 7 tablespoons applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup raisins or cherries
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients, beat oil, egg white, brown sugar, and salt until well combined.
- Add applesauce, vanilla extract, and oats. Mix well.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and cinnamon and add to above. Mix in dried fruits.
- Scoop dough in 2 tablespoon amounts onto parchment lined or well-buttered cookie sheets.
- Press each cookie about 1/4-inch thick. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the center is nearly set.
These cookies freeze very well.