- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Dutch-process cocoa
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (7 oz.) package unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut oil or shortening
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line 9 x 13-inch pan with foil; grease foil.
- Make brownie layer: In medium saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Whisk in sugars and heat for about another minute, until hot.
- Remove pan from heat and whisk in cocoa, vanilla, salt, and baking powder. Whisk in eggs one at a time. Stir in flour until incorporated, then stir in mini chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan and smooth evenly.
- Make macaroon layer: Whip egg whites using whisk attachment of an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add sugar, corn syrup, and salt, beating until stiff, glossy peaks form. Fold in flour and extracts, then fold in coconut.
- Gently spread over brownie layer, using an offset spatula to smooth evenly. Bake for 35 minutes or until top layer is golden and brownies are just set. Cool on a wire baking rack.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave on 50% power in 15-second intervals. Stir after each interval. Once melted, stir in coconut oil or shortening. Drizzle over cooled brownies. Place in refrigerator to set up.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Bridget Edwards @Bake at 350.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments