Magic Bar Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs, finely crushed
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer cream butter and brown sugar together for 2 minutes until light and fluffy. Add in eggs and vanilla and continue mixing until smooth.
- Add in baking soda and salt, mixing well.
- Turn mixer to low and slowly add in flour and graham cracker crumbs.
- Stir in chips and coconut.
- Drop by heaping tablespoon onto lined pan, 2 inches apart, and bake for 9 minutes until edges are golden. Don’t over-bake.
- Allow to cool on cookie sheet for 3 minutes and then transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.