- 2/3 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 tablespoons malted milk powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup (2 sticks) melted butter
- Maple Syrup, as desired
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar with flour, malted milk powder, salt and baking powder. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg yolks slightly, then add vanilla, milk and melted butter.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. Do not over mix.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites to stiff peaks. Fold into waffle batter.
- Spoon batter into waffle baker and follow manufacturer’s instructions. Serve hot with syrup, if desired.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.