Malted Milk Ball Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 cup malted milk powder
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup salted butter, cut into chunks
- 1 cup lightly packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 heaping cup chopped malted milk balls
- 1 heaping cup milk chocolate chips
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment and set aside.
- Whisk flour, malted milk powder, corn starch, baking soda, and salt together. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugars together for several minutes until combined and fluffy. Beat in egg, corn syrup, and vanilla until well mixed, scraping sides and bottom of bowl as needed.
- On low speed, add flour mixture in three additions. Scrape bottom of bowl between additions. Once mixed, stir in chopped malted milk balls and chocolate chips. Use a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop to portion dough onto prepared sheets, placing about 2-inches apart.
- Bake for 11 minutes, or until edges are golden and centers are pale and puffy. Remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes. Move to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Bridget Edwards @Bake at 350.