Mamma’s Famous Blackberry Cobbler
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup self-rising flour*
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 2-quart casserole dish and set aside. Rinse blackberries and pat dry.
- Whisk 1 cup sugar, flour, and milk in a medium bowl. Pour in melted butter and whisk to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle blackberries evenly over batter. Mix remaining sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the top of cobbler.
- Bake for one hour. Let cool for 15 minutes and serve with additional fresh blackberries.
Imperial Sugar Insight
This recipe is from Sweetalk member Regina McFarland and it won Third Place in the Favorite Cobbler category at the 2019 Louisiana State Fair.
This is one of the best things I've made all year. It is perfect for brunch or dessert. AMAZING!