Mango Spinach Salad with Sugared Wonton Strips
- Sugared Wonton Strips
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 8 wonton wrappers, cut into 4 strips
- Vegetable oil
- Sweet Asian Dressing
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 mango, peeled, cored and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, cleaned, cut in half
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Sugared Wontons: Place sugar into small bowl. Dip each strip into sugar; shaking off any access.
- Fry each strip in 1-inch hot oil over medium-high heat until lightly browned and crisp (about 30-60 seconds). Drain on paper towels.
- Dressing: Combine oil, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar and soy sauce; mixing until well blended.
- Salad: Combine spinach, mango, sugar snap peas and red onion in a large bowl. Add dressing; toss lightly. Top with wonton strips; serve immediately.