Maple Apple Crisp
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 large Granny Smith apples, diced
Crumb Streusel Topping
- 5 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces
- Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream, optional
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 10x10-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray or butter. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine cinnamon, vanilla, lemon juice, maple syrup, and sugar. Set aside.
- Peel and core apples and cut into chunks. Place into cinnamon maple mixture and toss to coat. Scoop filling into prepared baking dish.
- For topping, cut butter in small pieces. Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt and pecan pieces, and mix in butter. Mixture can be briefly pulsed in a food processor, or using a fork, press butter into flour mixture until coarse meal is obtained.
- Sprinkle streusel generously on apples and place in oven.
- Baking time will depend on depth of baking dish used. Filling will be bubbly when apples are tender and top should be lightly browned, a sign of doneness.
- Let cool slightly and serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Kraft @SprinkleSomeSugar.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments