Maple Pecan Blondies
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon maple extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans, divided
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a 9x9-inch baking pan with parchment paper that hangs over the sides for easy removal. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until light. Beat in eggs
- Add maple syrup, vanilla extract, and maple extract. Beat again to combine.
- Stir in flour, salt, and baking soda, just until combined.
- Stir in 1 1/4 cups of the chopped pecans.
- Spread batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle top with remaining pecans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out with just a few crumbs.
- Cool, then cut into squares.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Amy Nash from @houseofnasheats.