Marbled Chocolate Bark
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 10 oz dark chocolate melting wafers
- 1/3 cup each: yellow, pink, purple, blue candy wafers
- 2 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 10 ounces white chocolate melting wafers
- Line a 12x9-inch cookie sheet with parchment.
- In a small pan, melt butter over low heat; stir in sugar, then almonds. Raise heat to medium-low and cook, stirring often until almonds are golden and fragrant. Remove from pan.
- Melt dark chocolate wafers in 30-second intervals and 50% power in the microwave, stirring between each interval. Once smooth, stir in sugared almonds. Pour onto lined cookie sheet, using an offset spatula to smooth evenly.
- Refrigerate until set, about 15 minutes.
- Place candy melts in 4 small bowls or coffee cups along with 1/2 teaspoon shortening in each. Melt as stated above. Pour into piping bags.
- Melt white chocolate wafers as described. Pour over the set dark chocolate layer and smooth.
- Snip tips off of pastry bags and immediately draw lines across the white chocolate layer. Drag a toothpick across lines, up and down, making a marbled pattern.
- Refrigerate until completely set before breaking, at least 30 minutes. The bark breaks more cleanly if you use your hands to break, rather than a knife. Store in the refrigerator.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Bridget Edwards @Bake at 350.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments