- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (1 sleeve of crackers)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 2/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x9-inch baking dish with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray.
- Mix together graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar. Press into prepared pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges are lightly golden brown.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl whisk eggs and sugar together until eggs are pale yellow and sugar is dissolved. Mix in tequila, lime juice, and orange juice and mix until well combined. Stir in flour and baking powder.
- Pour over baked graham cracker crust. Return to the oven for 25-30 minutes until it has completely set up. Remove from oven and cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar before serving. Lightly sprinkle with coarse salt, if desired.
- Store covered in the fridge until ready to serve.
For a non-alcoholic version, substitute more lime juice or orange juice in place of the tequila.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.