- 1 cup (240g) water
- 1 cup (200g) Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup (120g) white tequila
- 1/2 cup (120g) freshly squeezed lime juice*
- 1/4 cup (60g) simple syrup
- 1/4 cup (60g) orange liqueur
- Lime wedges
- Coarse sea salt
- Tajín Clásico Seasoning
- Prepare simple syrup by combining granulated sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir until sugar has dissolved and syrup has thickened slightly. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature before using. Store any extra simple syrup in the refrigerator.
- For salted rim, place salt (and tajin if using) on a plate and mix. Run a lime wedge around the edge of your cocktail glass and then roll it into salt/tajin mixture.
- Combine all ingredients, including simple syrup, in a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously with ice to chill. Add additional simple syrup to taste. Strain and serve over ice.
- Garnish with fresh lime wheels or wedges.
*Use only fresh lime juice, as bottled lime juice can be bitter.
NOTE: Margaritas can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator. Just shake or stir well before serving over ice.