Marshmallow Popcorn Balls
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- 5 cups mini marshmallows, divided
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Line your counter top with parchment paper or wax paper. In an extra-large bowl, toss together 4 cups marshmallows and popcorn. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized pot over medium-high heat, combine corn syrup, butter, water, powdered sugar, and remaining 1 cup marshmallows.
- Heat and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat and quickly whisk in vanilla and salt
- Pour mixture over popcorn and marshmallow mixture, carefully stirring to coat each popcorn kernel.
- Let cool for a few minutes, until you are able to touch it without burning your fingers, and then work quickly to shape popcorn into 3-4 inch balls before they cool. Buttering your hands/fingers will keep popcorn mixture from sticking to you too much.
- Wrap any popcorn balls not eaten fresh with cellophane or plastic wrap and store at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.