Mashed Chipotle Sweet Potatoes
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons half and half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place sweet potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and allow to steam dry for a minute or two.
- Place potatoes into a bowl and add butter, chiles, adobo sauce, brown sugar and half-and-half. Mash well with a potato masher.
- Season to taste with salt to serve.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Second Place Winner in Dixie Crystals 2012 Homemade Holidays Thanksgiving Recipe Contest!
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments