Matcha Sheet Cake with Strawberry Frosting
Matcha Sheet Cake
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons matcha powder
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cups strawberry preserves (jam or jelly will work also)
- 3 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- For cake, preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Place butter and sugar in bowl of your stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment. Mix for 2 minutes until light and fluffy. Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing until smooth, scraping sides and bottom of bowl as necessary.
- With mixer still on medium, add in vanilla, baking powder, salt, and matcha powder. Mix for 1 minute until combined.
- Turn mixer down to low and add in flour and milk in alternating additions, beginning and ending with flour. Mix until just combined.
- Spread cake batter into prepared pan and bake for 30 - 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For frosting, in clean bowl of your stand mixer fitted with paddle or whisk attachment mix butter and jam together on medium speed until combined. Turn mixer to low and slowly add powdered sugar until combined. Turn mixer up to medium and mix for 2 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Spread frosting on cooled cake.
Imperial Sugar Insight
- Store at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- You can also make this as a layer cake in 2 round 8- inch pans. Bake at 350°F for 25 - 27 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.