Meringue Bunny Feet
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 ounces bright pink candy melts
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the egg whites in a very clean mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on high speed for 20 seconds.
- Sprinkle cream of tartar over egg whites and continue to beat for 1-2 minutes or until soft peaks form. Continue beating on high speed, gradually adding sugar, one tablespoon at a time. Beat until egg whites are stiff and glossy.
- Spoon meringue mixture into a pastry bag and pipe thirty two 2-inch long ovals about 1-inch apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until meringues look dry and can easily be peeled off parchment paper.
- Turn off oven and allow cookies to dry for 1 hour while still in the oven.
- Remove cookies from oven and allow them to cool completely.
- Place pink candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 20-30 second bursts of power, stirring after each, until melted.
- Pour candy into a squeeze bottle or zip top bag. If needed, snip tip off bag.
- Pipe four small ovals (toes) near top edge of a meringue. Pipe a larger oval below toes.
- Place meringue in the freezer for 1-2 minutes just until pink candy melts harden.
- Repeat decorating all 32 bunny feet.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe created for Imperial Sugar by Beth Jackson Klosterboer @Hungry Happenings.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments