Mexican Hot Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons ground Saigon cinnamon
- For sprinkling Cinnamon Sugar
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Beat butter, brown sugar and 3/4 cup granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, 1/4 cup cocoa and baking soda. Add to butter mixture until blended. Do not overmix.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa and Saigon cinnamon. Roll dough into tablespoon sized balls and drop into cinnamon mixture. Roll to coat. Place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Cookies will spread during baking.
- Bake 8 – 10 minutes or until center is set. Do not overbake. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Move to wire racks to cool.