Mexican Style Irish Coffee or Café Pacifico
- 4 tablespoons Mexican ground coffee, freshly ground
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 star anise, whole
- 1 cinnamon stick, large
- 6 cups water
- 1/4 cup Tequila Blanco
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur
- 1 pinch powdered cinnamon, for garnishing
- 1 cup heavy cream, cold
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon corn starch, optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add ground coffee to a mixing bowl or a large cup and mix with sugar. Whisk together.
- Place a filter in a coffee maker and pour coffee and sugar mix. Add star anise and a cinnamon stick.
- Fill coffee maker with enough water to make a half carafe (approximately 5-6 cups of water.) Turn on coffee maker and brew coffee.
- Pour tequila and coffee liqueur and stir with freshly brewed coffee. Make sure to set warmer on to keep coffee hot.
- Prepare vanilla-flavored whipped cream using a chilled mixing bowl and whisk. If desired, use an electric mixer.
- Add chilled heavy cream to bowl and turn mixer to medium speed. Whip cream for 2-3 minutes. Cream will look frothy and bubbly.
- Incorporate sifted confectioners’ sugar in stages, corn starch (optional), and finally, vanilla.
- Continue beating for another 5 -7 minutes until peaks in whipped cream will hold firmly, but have slightly softened tips.
- Use a piping bag with a tip and fill it with homemade whipped cream. Keep whipped cream refrigerated until ready to use.
- Serve coffee hot, and top with cold whipped cream and a pinch of powdered cinnamon.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Adriana Martin @adrianasbestrecipes.